Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acronis Loader fatal error . . .bootup error message  (Read 24300 times)

pmorgan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Acronis Loader fatal error . . .bootup error message
    « Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »
    Thanks for asking, Broni ( this site is incredibly helpful!!)

I registered on Acronis forums and have been given detailed instruction on how to use the Recovery Console in XP and use the fixmbr and fixboot commands to fix the partition error.  Said once that's done, I can reinstall TI and get more support.  Haven't tried the fix yet as I want to back up some data files . . . just in case.

Will  let you guys know what happens.

thanks,
    Phil

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 05:06:35 PM »
    We'll be waiting for good news :)

pmorgan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 04:27:08 AM »
      An update . .

Good help from Acronis group but still unresolved.

Suggested I use Window Recovery console with fixmbr and fixboot, but . . . when using my Home Edition XP disk, prompts me for Administrator password.  Never put an AP in that I can remember and tried several options without success (including not putting one in). 

Then suggested my disk may be outdated and I should find an SP2 disk.  Can't find one and recently my Windows updated to SP3.  Also suggested I download from MS and install it directly onto my system, but not sure I want something in there that I'll probably not use again and 2.  info suggests system will boot up on Recovery window since it's used by IT folks (not sure if that's even correct). 

To make a long story even longer, my system's working great other than the annoying message on startup.  From my years of aircraft maintenance experience I feel like I should abide by the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't @#$% with it."

Once again, thanks to all of you and introducing me to a great resource.  I'll be hangin' out here for a long time to come.  It's certainly educational and even better, well run.

Cheers,
      Phil

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »
      When prompted for a password try simply hitting Enter...

I don't like giving up on an issue...i'll try and re-create your problems on my test bench machine that already has Acronis installed on it.
      Do you recall how exactly you removed it from your system ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pmorgan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 05:49:29 AM »
        Actually, the first thing I did when I saw the prompt was to just hit the "enter" and it still prompted me.

Thought I had re-posted here that I hadn't "uninstalled" but rather inserted the Toshiba  boot disks and restored the system.  Recall somewhere along the process it prompted me to remove "a partition" and thinking that was the Acronis (secure zone, or something), I removed it  (I may have re-posted this on the other forum, sorry).

Reloaded Win XP Home Edition and then reloaded apps.  Message has appeared ever since then.

Thanks again,
        Phil

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 03:35:31 PM »
        Thanx for the info...
        I'll give it a go and see if i can re-create the issue and find a fix.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "