Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: D Drive, Cd Rom Drive Error  (Read 3476 times)

GiaBabygirl19

D Drive, Cd Rom Drive Error
« on: April 23, 2004, 07:28:44 PM »
My Cd Rom Drive, (D Drive) Is not working. Evertime I put a cd (any kind) It will blink a little cd icon by the mouse pointer, and it will blink maybe like 3 or 4 times, and then nothing. When I try to run the program from the start menu, I get this error:
D:\ is not accessible.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
I have no idea what to do. I don't know very much about computers, but I have been reading site, and all they say is *censored* about cleaning, the drive, and checking some kind of cables. I have no idea about any kind of cables connected to anything about the computer. I have been trying to install a couple programs. Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. One thing, is that sometimes my cd drive does work. HARDLY ever. When it does, I find I have to hold the cd drive door in for it to work. But the last time, it stopped in the middle of the installation, and now it won't install. I looked in the add or remove programs list, and it doesn't show up, so I won't be able to uninstall it and start all over again. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING, SO PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ME, WRITE ME BACK ON HERE, OR YOU CAN E-MAIL ME @ [email protected].  PLEASE WRITE COMP HELP IN THE SUBJECT LIKE SO I WON'T THINK IT'S SPAM AND DELETE IT. ALSO PLEASE IF YOU CAN, EXPLAIN IT IN THE MOST SIMPLE TERMS AS POSSIBLE. Thanks for anyone who's read this, and who can help.
-Gia

merlin