Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FOF Frets of Fire Problem  (Read 5499 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

FOF Frets of Fire Problem
    « on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »
    Not sure why but when I try to play Frets of fire it comes up saing MSVCR71.dll is missing.  Aside from that not sure if this will occur again but when I tried to quite from the main screen my monitor went blank then it come back on with wierd size an color.  Aside from I keep a copy on the d drive so when I moved it to c the problems still stayed.  Also when I got rid of it an put it on all my songs an stuff where still there.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: FOF Frets of Fire Problem
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:50:24 AM »
    Also when I got rid of it an put it on all my songs an stuff where still there.
    Explain please.

I found this for you .dll file:
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71
    It is a part of the Microsoft Visual C Runtime library.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 05:12:07 AM »
      I delete the entire folder an all the info stays an nothing seems to change.  I got the full version an got rid of the one I had on an still the same thing. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
        « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »
        Hey Squall, take a look at this page:
        http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/cant-find-msvcr71-dll

I had this problem not too long ago, this fixed it for me.
        "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 04:47:59 AM »
           :D ;D

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
            It's working some what.  ;D

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »
            Glad to have you back, Dilbert. :)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 05:05:59 AM »
              yeah at least someone had the problem