Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Networking Restart  (Read 4917 times)

AntiVista

Vista Networking Restart
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »
SCENARIO:
Connected Lynksys Router to XP machine and Modem. Software CD that came with it would not load in CD Rom and failed to connect to internet.
Ran update, found Lynksys software and installed it. Now I have internet after running the setup on XP.

Put CD in Vista and ran setup, but again it would not recognize the software. Used windows networking to find internet connection. Connected to Network then Vista restarts.

Did a restore and got rid on internet connections. Vista is working, performed the following:

Setting namespace security using WMI Control
The WMI Control provides one way to manage namespace security. You can start the WMI Control from the command prompt using this command:
wmimgmt
On Windows 9x or Windows NT4 computers that have WMI installed, type this command instead:
wbemcntl.exe
Alternatively, you can access the WMI Control and the Security tab by doing the following:
1. Right-click on My Computer and click Manage.

2. Double-click Services and Applications and then double-click WMI Control.

3. Right-click WMI Control and then click Properties.

4. In the WMI Control Properties dialog box click the Security tab.

5. A folder named Root with a plus sign (+) next to it should now be visible. Expand this tree as necessary to locate the namespace for which you want to set permissions.

6. Click the Security button. A list of users and their permissions appears. If the user is on that list, modify the permissions as appropriate. If the user is not on the list, click the Add button, and add the user from the location (local machine, domain, etc.) where the account resides.

Same result, tried this:

1. Start -> Right-click on "Computer" -> Manage
2. Double click "Services and Applications"
3. Right-click on "WMI Control" and select "Properties" -> select "Security" at the top
4. Select the CIMV2 directory in the root tree and click on "Security" at the bottom
5. Again ensure that your user account has full administrative rights
6. Select your user account and click on "Advanced"
7. On the permissions tab again select your user account and click "Edit"
8. At the top here you'll see your network path as "Name" and underneath you'll see "Apply to:" -> Set this to "This namespace and subnamespaces"

Same result. Vista is added on XP network but anytime Vista tries to access internet it restarts.

These are some event errors I get on vista:

dcom got error "1068"attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments ""inorder to run the server: a47979d2-c419-11d9-a5b4-001185ad2b89

unable to initialize the security package kerberos for server side authentication the data field contains the error number.

event filter with query "select*from_instancemodificationevent within 60 where targetinstance isa"win32_processor" and target instance.load percentage >99"could not be activated in namespace "//./root/cimv2" because of error 0x8004003 events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

and I got plenty more in the event viewer.

If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

I have been working on this all day and part of yesterday with little progress.