Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I boost my internet speed? Or I cant?  (Read 4866 times)

azncruboi

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

How can I boost my internet speed? Or I cant?
    « on: August 24, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
    I have a wireless on my laptop. I would like to know is there a possible way I can boost my internet faster? Is there a program out there that have it? Thank you for the help. thanks

mcxeb52!

Re: How can I boost my internet speed? Or I cant?
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »
    Yes, you can boost your computer so that data will come to your laptop faster than it used to.

If you have a 768K dsl modem and you're trying to get your computer to go at 1mb speeds, that is impossible, You can't make the maximum speed faster than what your internet provider gives you, but you can optimize your computer to help it go as fast as possible within the speed provided.

I used tuneup utilities. It's a nice program that does it's job but you gotta pay for it. There are other programs you can look up as well.

Also, for wireless, I'd check to be sure there is as few things blocking the way of the signal to your laptop as possible.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: How can I boost my internet speed? Or I cant?
    « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »
    Go here: http://www.speedtest.net/
    Post the results along with your connection type, Windows, and computer info.