Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word and WordPerfect Email  (Read 3620 times)

robin2006

Topic Starter

Beginner
    MS Word and WordPerfect Email
    « on: September 01, 2008, 09:32:15 AM »
    Hi

I am using MS word and I would like to be able to attach the documents that I have typed to go straight to WordPerfect Email. Isn't possible to do that. I don't have Outlook. In my office, i am able to do that as MSWord is linked to Outlook.

In MS Word 2007 one should be able to fax or send the document. Right now the "email" part is not highlighted.

thanks

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: MS Word and WordPerfect Email
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:13 AM »
    I am using MS word and I would like to be able to attach the documents that I have typed to go straight to WordPerfect Email. Isn't possible to do that.
    That doesn't make sense.  You have a Word document, so that's what you're sending.  If that's what you send, then that's what the recipient will receive.  There's no magical conversion from Word to WordPerfect while the file is traveling through the email channel.

And, what exactly do you mean by "WordPerfect Email"?  WordPerfect is word processing software, not an email client.

In MS Word 2007 one should be able to fax or send the document. Right now the "email" part is not highlighted.
    I gather you're talking about two different environments from which you work.  One is an office and one is home or somewhere else.  Is that correct?  In one place, you have Outlook; in the other, you don't.  Is that correct?  If so, what email client do you use in the latter place?  Do you use Outlook Express or Windows Mail or some other email program installed on your computer, or do you use webmail?

robin2006

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:00:20 PM »
      hi

sorry for the confusion.. at home I am using the Microsoft Word processing program and I am just wondering if there is any possiblity of linking this program to my default email that is WordPerfect Email. I don't have the Outlook or Express email at home ..only WordPerfect Email that comes with the computer when I bought it.  I don't think it is possible..as they are two different environment..i am just curious....

When you look at the 2007 Microsoft word processing program...when you create a document ..you can send it by email or by fax ..just by clicking on it...now the part SEND by EMAIL is not highlighted

At work I have MS word and Outlook email....when i create a document and save it and when i click "send by email"...it will bring me straight to Outlook program and the document is attached....

thanks

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »
      OK, I believe I now know you're talking about WordPerfect Mail, which I've never heard of.

You do have Outlook Express.  It's part of all Windows computers.  If you don't see it, you may need to "install" it.  Are you using Windows XP or Vista?

Other free options for email are available.  This includes Thunderbird, and Windows Live Mail.

Where is the "SEND by EMAIL" feature in Word 2007?  I have Word 2007 and I don't see that.  To send a Word 2007 file, with the file open, I would click the Office icon in the upper left corner of the Word window, then select Send, the select E-mail.

robin2006

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
        Hi

my computer is running the Vista Home Premium....therefore no Outlook...Yes when the document is open and I want to send it by email...i could do it by clicking the send by email or send by fax...neither works as I don't have a fax provider and the email section is "blocked" ...that is you are not able to click it at all...I am just curious to see if I can link the MS word program to WordPerfect Email...and get that blocked section (i.e. send by email) unblocked....

robin2006

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
          hI

my problem is solved...thanks

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »

my computer is running the Vista Home Premium....therefore no Outlook..
          Right, but you have Windows Mail.  It's on all Windows Vista systems.

my problem is solved...thanks
          Can you share with how it got solved?   ???