Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Guitar Hero on PC free  (Read 26612 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Guitar Hero on PC free
    « Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »
    I see what I did wrong never mind it was the fact that I was getting just the song to hear what it sounds like.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:34 AM »
      Any one tring to move certain songs an the whole contents of the file not moveing?  Not sure if it was just something wrong at the time or not once the weekend comes I'll try getting this all working.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

typhoeus

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Genus computerus gamerus/member of OCHWelC
        « Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
        Hi, i'm back from DC, and will try to help if I have had the problem.

Here are problems I've had: game periodically quitting before song load, game quitting if you press F1 to select song difficulty (not always, but FOF sure doesn't like it.)  Also, if you press enter more than once at difficulty selection, game may quit.  Yes the game quits a lot, but if you open FOF from within a window (as opposed to when you open it from a desktop shortcut), you can quickly reopen it just by pressing enter.  Plus, FOF remembers the last song and difficulty selection, and doesn't take long to load.

I have not had the parts not moving problem.  Could you give more detail, such as are individual files not moving, or some of the data in the files?  If individual files, which ones?  Was the download corrupted?

BTW, I haven't tried getting the mp3's, so I was just wondering, is it the entire song, or just a part?

So, 4 people have tried FOF?
        If you listen to fools, the Mob Rules.

We worship Jeff, the god of biscuits.

typhoeus

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »
          Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to play triple notes because of cheap keyboard manufacturing?  Can anyone suggest a good keyboard for my computer and purposes?  Check specs on sidebar.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 05:04:28 AM »
            not really sure I been useing easy till I got used to mindlessly pressing keys.  I been useing dell boards.

typhoeus

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
              Mine's a Dell board too, with a wire under the F5 key.  Doesn't cause too much trouble.  What's tough is the gap between F4 and F5.  That's disrupted a few games, but I'm getting better.  "Jessica," "Iron Man," and "More Than A Feeling" are all fun on Expert, and I can play most all songs on Medium.  I absolutely despise playing anything on Super Easy.  Much too little notage.

I don't like how Rock Band adds crowd noise to songs recorded in the studio, or new guitar solos at the end of songs.  Anyone else agree?  Well, at least they use the original songs.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »
                I found that some of the ones that you can get are a pain, just the way that they are recorded or moved into a difernt format from what they orginal where.  I dont find it to hard but if I want to do something more challageing doing that would be.  I use three keys really well an if I have to use my middle to jump over.

typhoeus

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »
                  I found that some of the ones that you can get are a pain, just the way that they are recorded or moved into a difernt format from what they orginal where.

Do you mean the song sounds different from the original, like the timing is a little off?  I think its like that on Rock And Roll All Night by Kiss.

I dont find it to hard but if I want to do something more challageing doing that would be.  I use three keys really well an if I have to use my middle to jump over.

Do you mean you can't play a higher difficulty than Easy?  It took me a long time to start playing on Medium, with that fifth key.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 05:34:51 AM »
                    No saing that some are really loud an well there not good recordings.  Like dead or alive.  I put it on supereasy most of the time but yeah in a sense.