Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I'm not sure where this question goes....  (Read 5770 times)

confussed

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I'm not sure where this question goes....
    « on: September 08, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
    I hope someone out there can help!!  Ever since Labor Day my computer has been acting up.  I'm not even sure where to start. I have a HP Windows XP. Protected by Norton. I use Internet Explorer  and Charter Communications is my broadband supplier. I use them for  my home page. I have Yahoo as a search engine. I don't know my way around computers that much so be patient with me.
    What is happening is .. When I open my homepage I may only get 1/3 or 1/2 of it so I have to refresh to see it all. I also get my email from there and sometimes have trouble logging on to  it but not as much as my husband has logging on to his...he uses Yahoo. When you try to log on to it you get a menu box showing in box, draft, send, trash etc. but it you hit in box it won't let you in. We have tried double-clicking and still can't get it to open. (2) have tried erasing temp files,cookies etc.  nothing happen. so thought about going to system restore and go back to a better time. System restore doesn't work! Put in different days click next follow all instructions nothing! Tried defragmenting Disk D and C. D is recovery and doesn't need it. C won't let you do it! (3) Yahoo won't let you search, when you type in an address it will take you somewhere else or won't move at all. Charters' homepage has Google on it and I have to use it. Never had to do this before.  (4) And last, my computer is so slow getting anything downloaded!! It is like I have dial up but I don't. and I called Charter and they ran a test and said the speed was fine, and didn't think it was their problem. I don't know if this is a virus and I need to talk with Norton or if this is in my hard drive or Yahoo is having a problem.  Can you help?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: I'm not sure where this question goes....
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »
    What browser? What version?

Also....
    Download HijackThis:
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
    Click on Download HijackThis Installer
    Post HijackTHis log.

confussed

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:36:24 PM »
      My browers is Internet Explorer 7

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
      I asked also for HJT log....

confussed

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:45:23 PM »
        Sorry. Tried to get to this address for HJT log but it kept coming up saying "Website could not be displayed". No matter if I hit the address or typed it in. It does that alot when I try to search for something.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »
        OK. Let's try different approach. Download, and install Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/, and see, if you can navigate better with it.