Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keep text from moving after published  (Read 4319 times)

wholesale2ne1

Keep text from moving after published
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »
I am a beginner at this so I do not know the technical terms for some of these things.

I am using Front Page to create and publish my web sites. I have just discovered that when you view my webpage and minimize the screen or resize it the text changes. How do I "lock" the pages from changing at all after published? My website is wholesale2ne1.com Thank you

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Keep text from moving after published
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »
    wholesale2ne1...  I just had a look at your site ...and I dont understand your comment about when you minimize that the text size changes ?????? It doesn't do that on my pcs ..........
    However if I deliberately change the font size here at this end ...it only effects the way I view your page ........

Or is it the fact that if I as the viewer increase the text size that the text wraps ? ( but again it is only on my pc )

Let us know

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 03:53:53 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

wholesale2ne1

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:56:29 PM »
    Using Aol if you maximize the screen it looks normal, when you minimize or drag the arrows and shrink the width of the page the text changes to try to fit inoto whatever size you make the screen. Using Internet Explorer you will notice it if you use the arrows to change the size of the screen.

Thank you for your time!

wholesale2ne1

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 03:58:37 PM »
    Oh and j/w what do you think of the website for a beginner?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 04:50:28 PM »
    For a starter, it's not that bad!  ;)  However, you might want to consider creating a more "flashy" layout/background, to attract the viewer's eye...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:59:13 PM »
       wholesale2ne1......I just had a closer look at your site ......and I notice that if you navigate to some of the manufactures sites that once there ....there is no way to get back to your site ........... ( you should fix that )
      I also see a java error on at least one page .......
      http://www.wholesale2ne1.com/Home%20Decor.htm

There is some awesome furniture on this site.....but it isn't the easiest to navigate ...........
      The thing about websites is......once you have an idea published....then you can begin to massage it so it will get even better .

I am assuming you are in the business of selling wholesale .........and the products displayed are product lines you have access to .  Once you get off your pages one tends to loose site of this.

I have put together a number of websites ....so I just cut to the heart of things .........

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.