Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista Theme question  (Read 3220 times)

Clipper34

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows Vista Theme question
    « on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »
    Hey guys, recently i decided i wanted to try out a custom theme for Vista. And when i did instead of getting the theme i got the Windows Classic theme and i can not change it back. But when i attemp to in the Themes part a dialog box pop's and says: "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" and it says that everytime i attempt to change the theme. I'm guessing that when i was trying to install the theme that i must have messed with a file/process/service. That shouldn't be touched? Thanks, Clipper34.

Edit: Whenever i attempt to interact with anything in the Control Panel and that involves appearance it will not work, and will display the message as mentioned in the above.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows Vista Theme question
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:26:56 AM »
    Can you change it when you Right Click the Desktop and go to Personalize?

If not, try a System Restore to the day before you installed the theme.
    More info on System Restore: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000589.htm

Clipper34

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »
      Thanks for the response, and yes even when i right click. So with the system restore will it restore the system to all defaults. But will it recover the programs and files i have installed on it currently? because i think it has been over 24 hours, i may do a system restore. Thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »
      Do the System Restore and restore to about 2 days before the problem.

Don't worry, none of your personal files will be lost, but programs installed in the 2 days will need to be reinstalled.