Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 1720 times)

BigPapi04

Need some help
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:58:27 AM »
Hello everyone, I am having some computer problems and need some help tyring to figure out what the problem is.
About a month ago,  my computer started giving me the BSoD, then one day stopped turning on, it would get to the Windows XP screen, then BSoD and restart
There were no software or hardware changes for atleast a month before this started happening
The BSoD said : Page_Fault_In_nonpaged_area
Technical Info:
STOP : 0x00000050 (0xe2b82000, 0x00000001, 0x8063B24D, 0x00000001)
The did a Physical memory dump

Since i had everything backed up already, i tried doing a fresh install of XP on my hard drive (to see if it was a software problem) and after it formatted the drive and the computer restarted, it would not go to the setup screen, it would freezes at a black screen
I had a spare hard drive and tried installing XP, once XP was installed(took about 3 hours), it loaded up very slow, and everything ran extremely slow
I took out my 2x1gb ram and put in a 1gb stick and still did the same thing, ran slow
i installed a new mobo, video card and power supply, still takes almost 10 minutes before i can see the start menu
XP right now won't let me do a whole lot, can't run/install some things, like the onboard sound drivers, run some .exe files

only thing that is left is the CPU that is original
My question is, should i try a new CPU?
Could a bad hard drive cause the computer to run slow, both the install and programs running?
One thing i did notice is that with my old hard drive(SATA 2 western digital)it would show up under the safely remove hardware icon by the time and the new HD(also SATA2 seagate) does not show up there

any help or suggestions
Thanks

Saviour

Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:09:20 AM »
Take a look here:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx

Best thing to do would be to run diagnostics on your computer to see exactly what piece of hardware is causing the issue.

It could be the memory or the hard drive.  Since you've replaced the hard drive (unless the replacement was bad, too) it's probably a memory issue.

Run a memory test to make sure.