Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Favorites" not available  (Read 8894 times)

Daiza Diva

Topic Starter

"Favorites" not available
    « on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
    Internet Explorer can not find my"Favorites" file.  I've read a posting in this forum that sounded similar, but after following the instructions the problem was not solved. 

When I click on the "Favorites star icon I get a message that says, "Location not available"  C:\users\kathi\appdata\roaming\earthlink\6.0\[email protected]\Favorit...\Favorites refers to a location etc., etc.

I can find my Favorites file in my computer, but the web cannot.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: "Favorites" not available
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:50:23 AM »
    If you say you can find the favorites folder just select Import Favorites from the Tool menu in IE and select Import...
    Point it to the correct location on your drive and you should be good to go...
    I usually re-boot after this but it may not be neccessary.

It's under File/Import/Export...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Daiza Diva

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:40:44 PM »
      Thank you, but after an afternoon of agada, my husband and I worked it out.  Somehow a double "Favorites" file had been created... one empty, one with my links.  Niether were in the correct path for Internet Explorer to find them.  I had been fighting with this problem for four weeks now and had been through the hoops with Microsoft, Earthlink and Comcast... live chat, e-mails and phone calls (Did I mention that I have Vista?).  It was a 'by chance' that we discovered the solution.

I will, however, continue to seek answers at this forum since the other sources have proven to be dead ends.

Again "Thank You" 

Daiza Diva

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:43:32 PM »
      Glad to hear you are fixed up and stop by anytime !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

rjsauvageau

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »
        I only wish this lady would have shared where she found the "second location" that had her favorites! I have not been able to see my favorites or add new ones for weeks!  >:( I am having the exact problem she described. Can anyone help?

rjsauvageau

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »
          OK...I have now found my favorites, but can't get them moved back to the "star" (favorites location) on IE.

rye_wilson

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »
          okay just got it. this is how to get the favorites in the star. first try to reset your internet explorer from the control panel in internet options under the advanced tab. then try going here if it doesn't work.

http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/internet-explorer/129035-ie7-favorites-problem.html