Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front Page question  (Read 3604 times)

thearc

Front Page question
« on: March 17, 2005, 10:38:31 AM »
Okay, so I'm really a novice.  So please excuse me right off the bat for not having the correct technical names for things.

Anyway, I am creating a page in Front Page.  I think it is the 02 edition???  Anyway, you know how it automatically creates those "buttons" at the side of each page so that you can easily navigate around the site.  By default, there is one button for each of the pages on the same navigational level and the one parent level and then of course, the index home.

My question -- can that be altered?  Can I choose to have a button there that leads to another page on my site?  If so, how do I do that?

Thank you!!!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Front Page question
    « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 02:14:25 PM »
    thearc......Yes you can add a button or change the name or whatever ....... Simply open your webpage ........then click on the edit with front page ............the box will appear for your user name and password ......then it will open the root directory .......and it should display your idex page ........now go to the last button thats there and right click and you will see 4 marks indicating the corners of it ......now right click and select copy .......move your cursor down to where you want the new button and click and select paste ......and presto its there ...Now click save and it will publish .......now right click on the button you just created and select button properties ........Now  in the button text ......name it whatever , then in the box below change the link to the page you wish to point it to and then save .......
    Remember to add the new button to each of the other pages .........as well .

Thats all there is to it ..

let us know
    dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 02:16:38 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.