Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to remove my computer from a workgroup?????  (Read 19350 times)

ecxzqute

Topic Starter

Rookie

how to remove my computer from a workgroup?????
    « on: September 18, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
    hey guys!
    i trying to remove my computer from a workgroup? does anyone knows how? a little help please!

ecx... ???
    Ideas are meant to be shared...

senthilvalli

Intermediate

Re: how to remove my computer from a workgroup?????
      « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:56:39 PM »
      first  you goto mycomputer-->right click-->select computer name-->click change.

ecxzqute

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »
        i've tried that one already.. what i want is to totally remove the work group that i've made
        Ideas are meant to be shared...

killerb255

Adviser
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 11:25:38 AM »
          You don't.

A workgroup is just a group of computers.  It's not stored on any one PC.  If you change the name of your workgroup on your PC, you are automatically removed from that particular workgroup.

There's no "removing the workgroup" altogether because there's no place that it's actually stored.

Now if you were on a domain, then there would be one or more computers that control the domain, you can add and remove PCs from the domain, and you can remove the domain altogether.
          Quote from: talontromper
          Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Bs1

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
          Killerb is correct

if there is more than one computer on your network with that same workgroup name it will continue to show till they have also changed there workgroup name