Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 protection programs...  (Read 2991 times)

cj85

Topic Starter

Beginner
    2 protection programs...
    « on: September 21, 2008, 12:14:22 PM »
    I was wondering if anyone knew about these two programs?

a-squared Anti-Malware 3.5

Is it compatible with Windows Vista x64 ?

Mamutu 1.7

Is it compatible with Windows Vista x64 ?

If both are compatible with Vista x64, what one would you best suggest to use?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: 2 protection programs...
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 02:21:12 PM »
    Mamutu is a monitoring program...in other words it's not a scanner but a monitor that let's you know if something fishy may be happening...
    aSquared is a malware scanning program that's effective tracking down Trojans Adware and Spyware...they've recently added a rootkit scanner but don't quote me on this.
    This would mean you still need a dedicated Anti-Virus program for your machine.
    AVG and Avast are both Free and do a great job.
     As far as Vista compatibility check aSquared's website...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cj85

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
      I did but the problem is it says for both if I didn't read it wrong that they are compatible with Vista, but not x64 and that's what I have. Now some say that they do run on Vista x64, but the question is do I want to download and try to run it anyways? I like the sounds of the the a-sqaured program better but I don't want to chance it and run it with a year subscription.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »
      I see nothing on there site that suggests compatibility with Vista much less Vista X64...
      In most cases anything written for a 64Bit OS will brag about it so loud you cannot miss it so i don't think this is the case here...

Post back if you need protection advice for your 64BitVista machine and i'm sure you will wind up with some pretty good suggestions.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "