Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Base Not Powering Up  (Read 7229 times)

xynther

Laptop Base Not Powering Up
« on: March 18, 2004, 07:08:48 PM »
Hi, i recently bought a laptop base (no lcd) from ebay, and it doesnt seem to power up with any power source.  I was wondering if you could tell me common laptop power problems and how to fix them that way i can buy the part or try and fix it or something.  The computer is a compaq presario 1505us. I will greatly appreciate your advice. Please email me @ [email protected] with your replies.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Laptop Base Not Powering Up
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 08:07:47 PM »
Xynther,

We will be honest when we tell you attempting to fix a laptop is going to be extremely difficult for an end-user. However to answer your question, commonly when troubleshooting power issues you first of course look at the power plug. Make sure if the power AC power plug has a LED that it is on indicating power and feel the power plug to make sure it is warm, this is another method of making sure power is getting to the computer. If the laptop is powering on but getting a beep code it could be something different and not a power related issue.

If the power plug for the laptop appears to be good then it’s likely that the Laptop power board aka power inverter board and/or system board is bad in the laptop. Now replacing these parts is not easy but it’s not impossible (assuming you have hardware skills). The difficult part is going to be obtaining the parts from Compaq and/or additional details about repair.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

xynther

Re: Laptop Base Not Powering Up
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 09:12:21 PM »
Wow, so u say its the power inverter board? Thanx, thats exactly what i was looking for, a solid exact part to buy and replace. ok i'll look for one on ebay.  What about the system board? is that like the motherboard? or another component of the laptop?  ???

Well, i'll let you know if it works. Thanx a whole lot! ;D