Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: scsi to firewire  (Read 14220 times)

phlatop

scsi to firewire
« on: March 14, 2005, 04:47:10 PM »
Just moved to a G4 Quicksilver and have some, lots, several, a few Narrow scsi hdd and external scsi cases with data and other stuff. I have a RATCO systems FR1SX FW to scsi converter and an adapter to go from narrow scsi to HD50 pin scsi which connects to the FW port on the G4.

Most of the HDD including some external CD Rom and MO disks and an external CD-RW will function well via this connection. Have problem with 5 HDD however, two Quantum ( Atlas III and Fireball) , two Seagate Cheetah, and one big 51/4 inch whose brand I can't see without pulling it out of the case. These HDD are not recognized with this set up. All are Mac formatted and worked in various of my beige cpu from Sys 7 to OS 9.

Now I am thinking that the firmware needs updating but at least for the Quantums I have not found any indication that firmware is avilable. What might my next move be?

tia for any reply

phlatop

Re: scsi to firewire
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 07:52:28 AM »
Solution discovered!!!!
On the suspect HDD a jumper needed to be set to enable termination, now drives show up on desktop.