Software > Computer viruses and spyware

virus/malware help needed logs attatched

(1/2) > >>

natee889:
For some reason it seems like my computer has been bogged down and I have ran CCleaner and it still is VERY slow.

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

evilfantasy:
Go to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall one of the antivirus, either BitDefender or AVG. Running two will just cause problems.

----------

Go to download the program HostsXpert[*]Unzip HostXpert to your Desktop
[*]Open up the HostXpert program.
[*]Make sure that the "Make Hosts Writable?" button in the upper right corner is enabled.
[*]Click Create Back Up
[*]Then click on Restore Microsoft's Host Files
[*]Close the HostXpert program[/list]
Note: if you use SpywareBlaster, Spybot and/or IE-SPYAD, it will be necessary to re-install the protection they afford. For SpywareBlaster, run the program and select Enable all protection. For Spybot run the program and select Immunize. For IE-SPYAD, run the batch file and reinstall the protection.

----------

Run this online scan.

Requires Internet Explorer or Firefox using the IE Tab Add-on

Use the ESET Nod32 Online Scanner

1. Check the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
2. Click Start
3. When asked, allow the activex control to install
4. Click Start
5. Make sure that the option Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is check marked.
6. Click Scan
7. Wait for the scan to finish
8. Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
9. Add the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt log into your next reply.

----------

Now run a new HijackThis scan and post the log.

natee889:
Okay thanks! Also, when i try to delete bitdefender it says: xcommsvr.exe cannot be deleted access is denied make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use (which it is not because I deleted it a long time ago)

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

evilfantasy:
If you don't use it go to add/remove programs and uninstall Ask Search or anything with Ask in the name.

----------

Open HijackThis and select Do a system scan only then place a check mark next to:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {0579B4B6-0293-4d73-B02D-5EBB0BA0F0A2} - C:\Program Files\AskSBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\A2SRCHAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SWEETIE - {1A0AADCD-3A72-4b5f-900F-E3BB5A838E2A} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {C4925E65-7A1E-11D2-8BB4-00A0C9CC72C3} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://player.virtools.com/downloads/player/Install3.0/Installer.exe

----------

Download OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on OTMoveIt2.exe and choose Run As Administrator.

1. Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it.
2. Copy the lines in the codebox below.

--- Code: ---[kill explorer]
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
EmptyTemp
[start explorer]
--- End code ---

3. Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the Paste List of Files/Folders to Move window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste
4. Click the red Moveit! button.
5. Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) and paste it in your next reply.
6. Close OTMoveIt2

----------

Use the BitDefender Antivirus Removal Tool: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

After running it you will need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

----------

How is everything now?

natee889:
ok thanks! but when I try to remove the Ask toolbar thing it gives me that same access is denied thing. Also, When I ran OTmoveit2 for the first time (and ran the code) it froze and I had to restart the program so I dont know if that would affect what the log says but here it is anyways:
_______________________________________ __________________________
Unable to kill explorer.exe
File/Folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe not found.
< EmptyTemp >
Temp folders emptied.
IE temp folders emptied.
Explorer started successfully

OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.4.3 log created on 09292008_160026
_______________________________________ __________________________

Also, do you have any suggestions or programs that would boost my computer speed besides getting more RAM because I have already tried that option lol  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version