Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Code Purple Error  (Read 5947 times)

WindowsNewbie

Topic Starter

Code Purple Error
    « on: October 01, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
    On my uncle's HP Pavilion a1600n(running windows XP media center edition), he recently got a code purple error after reinstalling windows with the manufacturers cds. I looked around and I found a good bit of information on it, but none of the work-a rounds could fix it. Now I could send it to HP, but it isn't under warranty, and I read that they charge you to just talk to a technician. My main question is, is it possible to go out and buy a fresh copy of windows and install it to never have this issue again? On a more specific note, would this (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2552182&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs),
    work? Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Code Purple Error
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
    You may want to read here: http://www.billoblog.com/?p=152

WindowsNewbie

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »
      Yea, that was the first place I started when I found the error. It was very useful, but like some of the others on there, I couldn't find the files. I checked through DOS with the ultimate boot disk they mentioned.
      # Gordon Says:
      November 28th, 2007 at 8:23 pm

hi ,
      we gotten a code purple too after restore on a a335w twice,called HP, said the motherboard was dead, i told her that it was working fine before, then she said it had to be ‘tatooed’ , i told her ill get back to the HP girl later when i figured what to do,
      looking in on google,found yuo guys too, i figured the best way was to install a fresh new windows XP, we went to Staples and got the xp upgrade,( i had the 98 cd to be the back up when doing the clean install )using my windows 98 boot i fdisk and deleted that restore partion and the NTFS partion part, and then created the whole harddrive as a partion, reset computer then formated c: from the 98 boot still in it,,
      after all that, a fresh install via boot from cd,,
      and this computer works great! seeming better and faster then before!

i guess the money we spend on a new XP cd , we could have gotton a Vista, but im not ready to take it on becouse of the mostly negitive stuff i heard about it,
      maybe doing all this would be better in the long run, saving time and maybe money instead from having somebody “repair” your computer,
      8-) G
      # Gordon Says
      This right here is specifically what I was referring to.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
      Well, if none of those solutions work for you, you can surely reinstall Windows.