Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Email signature  (Read 2343 times)

Mugget

Email signature
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:53:13 AM »
I need to compose quite a lengthy email signature (company email) and there seems to be a maximum amount of characters available when in the signature section of Outlook Express. I have tried everything and asked everybody I know but nobody seems to have an answer.
Could somebody help me please!!

Mandy 

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Email signature
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:04:49 AM »
set up a footer for the page and add some info to that to make your sig larger, you do that in the word processor. You can also combine the sig and footer to work with a little extra work setting it up to look nice. Maybe just a footer will do what you need.
I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Email signature
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:00:55 AM »
set up a footer for the page and add some info to that to make your sig larger, you do that in the word processor. You can also combine the sig and footer to work with a little extra work setting it up to look nice. Maybe just a footer will do what you need.
I believe you're referring to Outlook and using Word as the email editor for Outlook.  But, Mugget said Outlook Express, and I believe the footer technique does not apply to it. 

However, he can still use an external file as the source for his OE signature and that may satisfy his requirement.  For some good info on creating signatures for OE and Windows Mail, see http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et112703.htm