Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: Limited/Local connetivity  (Read 2296 times)

bench69human

Re: Limited/Local connetivity
« on: October 23, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »
 :)I am a beginner here. please help me to answer my question. this is the situation my LAN cable in our house  is connected in our office. first my connection is good but now this days always happen in my connection appear limited or no connectivity my question is. It is possible that they can manipulate thru the server in our  office to limit my connection? so it appears limited or no connectivity? I dont want to say that they plan to sabotage my connection by controlling the connection in our server which is located in our office. first my connection is good and no hassle, my laptop is in good shape. hopefully you can answer my question thankz....

Split this topic out, it was posted inside another topic.
- Zylstra
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:16:41 PM by Zylstra »

wyatt

Rookie

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Limited/Local connetivity
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
The only time I've seen the limited or no connection balloon in Windows is when the physical cable from the PC to the switch/router/hub is running dirty (taking errors) - cable could be bad.

I'm not sure when you see the issue, but a questionable cable seems to act-up when there is heavy load placed on the wire.

If it worked fine for a few days/weeks then started to occur and seems to be random, there's a chance the port on your computer or switch is going bad (new port on switch? try another?).

If this doesn't seem to help, please explain your network setup more in your reply.