Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Transfer Pictures  (Read 3085 times)

violet60

Topic Starter

Starter

Transfer Pictures
    « on: October 25, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »
    I have Windows xp Professional 4cpu 2.00 ghz 256MB of Ram. Problem is I have c875 Kodak Ditigal Camera 8.0 I transfer pictures to the Kodak Gallery.
    I want to start selling on ebay and want to transfer pictures directly to them. People r telling me I need a reader Kodak is telling I don't need 1 because I have usb cable. I e-mailed pictures to myself that I took I had to e-mail them from Kodak Gallery I mean I could have cleaned my whole house that is how long and slow it was. I have alot of oictures to transfer and need something that is going to work faster than this. This is all new to me so I need step by step instructions on how to do this. I also have dial up for my internet. Now a while back I purchased Momorx Travel ubMini drive I believe is 2.0. never use it don't know how. PLEASE is there anyone that can help me. PLEASE!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Transfer Pictures
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 01:02:05 AM »
    Welcome to ComputerHope.

I want to start selling on ebay and want to transfer pictures directly to them.
    What do you mean here?

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 07:01:10 AM »
    If you want to sell things on eBay and want to upload a picture, then eBay provides the option to upload a picture from any document on your PC when your filling in your sellers form.

When you plug in your camera via the USB, click on My Computer. Does the camera appear as a camera or removable drive or anything similar, beacause it would probably be best not to move your pictures to the Kodak Gallery, but a different folder, preferbly My Pictures, then upload them to eBay from there.

As for speed, you probably need more RAM as a quarter of a gigabyte is not a lot, these days.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 07:25:38 AM by reddevilggg »
    11 cheers for binary !

violet60

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »
      Ok 1. My computer is from Dell dimension 2300 you say Ebay has at upload from anywhere on your PC I will transfer the pictures  to MY PICTURES and then e-mail the pictures to my e-mail address and see how that works first.
      2. when u say more ram how much do I need? I have a computer shop that is very reasonable.
      3. My Kodak sets on a charging dock with USB and Adapter plug in what do you mean removable.

violet60

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:56:41 PM »
        It says devices with removable storage.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »

I want to start selling on ebay and want to transfer pictures directly to them.
        What do you mean here?

violet60

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 07:48:07 PM »
          I hope I am not bothering u too much but this is all new to me. When I say I want to selling on EBAy I ned to know what to do as far as uploading pictures. You say EBAy has up load option? OK I transferred pictures to MY PICTURES and want to e-mail to myself but I do not see a SEND button on Micrsoft  when I try to bring the side up or down it is a gray area and I do not see the SEND button so right now I am unable to send it I"m still working on that.

THANKS VI

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 01:08:36 AM »
          Hmmmm.....Anyone familiar with Ebay that can help out with attaching pictures?

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 04:26:36 AM »

First of all, If you've transfered your pictures from your camera to My Pictures then you don't need to e-mail them to yourself. I don't understand why you want to do this. You already have the pictures in the document named My Pictures.

Secondly, When filling out the eBay sellers form it gives you the option to upload a picture. All you need to do is upload them from My Pictures and click Upload this will become obvious when filling out the sellers form. You click on Upload pictures then navigate to My Pictures, click on the picture you want to upload, then click on Upload. It sounds more complicated than it actually is.

If you get stuck anywherethen reply to this post. I am very familiar with buying and selling on eBay.
          11 cheers for binary !