Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recover Harddrive  (Read 2516 times)

changsta-dan

Topic Starter

Starter

Recover Harddrive
    « on: October 24, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »
    Hey  :) My laptop recently died on me the Graphics Card inside it has broken and it has to be sent for repair so that is some good news for me today however the repair guy says that all the data will have to be erased from the computer but i ain't being ripped off to pay a fortune to recover my hard drive when i could do it myself so this is my question?

How could i recover am laptop hard drive with a broken graphics card? I know some programs can let you see what files you want but the Grpahics Card has broken so that idea is out the window, I was wondering if i could just plug my portable USB  hard drive in to the computer via USB and it would just start grabbing the data off the computer?

Or would i have to go around this a different way optionally i would like it if i could just plug the portable HDD in the computer and then it will copy all the files without any hassle?

Thanks for your time!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Recover Harddrive
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »
    WAIT STOP!!!

If the Graphics Card is broken, ask him 'why the heck would you need to erase the computer's hard drive??'

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Recover Harddrive
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:54 AM »
    I would get it out of that guy's hands as quick as possible...

You need one of these:

This will allow you to hook up the laptop HDD to any desktop machine as a slave drive and retrieve your data...
    About 8 Bucks at any PC store.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "