Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MY computer laggs like h**l...  (Read 3233 times)

marchello12

MY computer laggs like h**l...
« on: October 29, 2008, 05:19:26 AM »
and i think i know why, but i don't know how to fix this... so this is what i did yesterday -

i went to  C:\WINDOWS\system32  and opened driver verifier manager (verifier.exe).
next at "select task window" i pressed on "create standard settings" option, next at "select what drivers to verify" window i pressed on "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer" option, then pressed finish.... Then rebooted my computer for the changes to take effect and it was lagging like h**l... it took like 20 minutes to initialize all "start programs" instead of 1.... and it laggs like h**l all the time.. and CPU usage is on 100% all the time... i have no idea how to fix this... please help me.. thanks..  :'(

----------------------------------------
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
RAM: 1.00 GB

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: MY computer laggs like h**l...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:44:31 AM »
I'd start by re-installing all your drivers starting with the MBoard drivers first...
It's a bad idea to allow Windows to try and find better drivers for any machine...manuf. drivers should always be the first choice.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dias de verano

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »
Why do so many people write the word 'lags' with two letter 'g's?

I agree with Patio. Your motherboard, display hardware, etc, drivers could now be replaced by standard drivers of Windows own choosing.

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »
    If you have System Restore enabled, restore to a point before you used verifier.exe...
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.