Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: **** Eudora NOT Loading Any Browser ****  (Read 4053 times)

hvy1

Topic Starter

Rookie

**** Eudora NOT Loading Any Browser ****
    « on: October 30, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »

1:34 PM 10/30/2008                                                                 

Eudora NOT Loading Any Browser!!!

Here's the problem..........

E-Mail message has a url enclosed in the body of the message! Urls are supposed to be
    clickable, however when anyone mouse clicks on this url this is the message from Eudora...
    "The URL is NOT syntactically valid." I haven't a clue what this means and or does Eudora.

My default browser is Mozilla Seamonkey and yes I have programmed it as my default browser.

I have tried reinstalling both Eudora and the Monkey!!! *sigh* Nothing!!!

There are no commands in Eudora tools to correct this problem.

How about some heavy help from one of you gurus or geeks or hackers???

I've done all of my rabbits but this one has me stumped.

signed...............

Frustrated

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: **** Eudora NOT Loading Any Browser ****
      « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »
      Is this happening with one particular link or all links that you receive in email?
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

hvy1

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:38:57 PM »
        Every and all urls............

Maybe I should look up the work ...  S Y N T A C T  I C A L L Y *sigh*

I also observed someone else getting a blank page with Microsoft Explorer when they clicked on every and any url!!!

Surely there must be some way to correct this?

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:28:44 AM »
          I haven't used Eudora since I was at Penn State.  (That would be  '96-'99.)  I did look around on the Internet and your problem is apparently not that uncommon.  There aren't any solutions, at least not at first glance.  The problem you are having is apparently caused by an anti-phishing feature in Eudora.  Something in the way the hyperlink is written does not meet Eudora's standards and so it is considered suspect. 

I'll do some more poking around.
          Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

hvy1

Topic Starter

Rookie

**** Eudora NOT Loading Any Browser ****
            « Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:33:56 AM »
            Thank You Ever So Much For Your Kind Reply. I will solve this problem someday soon! *grin*

I personally don't think that there is any software that has a bug CANNOT be corrected.

Some Things Just Take A Little Longer. Or As The Saying Goes........

"The Incredible we do right o way * The Impossible takes a little longer! *smile*

CYAL