Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I keep getting this window popping up on my PC r/o  (Read 25620 times)

laura127

I keep getting this window popping up on my PC r/o
« on: April 29, 2004, 04:12:38 AM »
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEMS/BIN/djrunner2.exe

The box then says "Windows cannot find C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEMS/BIN/djrunner2.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly,  and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, then click search"

Problem is.. I’m not searching for anything & this just appears.. Tell me I DON’T have a virus. Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

My OS is Windows XP Professional

Joleen

Re: I keep getting this window popping up on my PC
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 05:31:03 AM »
XP is trying to load this application in the background.  The first thing is to scan for viruses and spyware.  Did you recently uninstall an application?  If when uninstalling, all you do is delete the directory, the Operating System still thinks it has to run the app.  You'll likely have some registry settings that didn't get handled properly.

laura127

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 07:35:56 AM »
Thanks for replying. I havent added or removed programs at all since getting this PC last month (its new by the way, & its a work PC).. Also, we dont have virus scanning software at present. Anything else you think this might be? I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to computer problems!

Thanks

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 01:17:20 PM »
download this >http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html   it will get rid of it <spyware> ;)

laura127

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 02:02:05 PM »
Thanks for the link. I informed my boss & its definetly a virus. We're getting anti-virus software ASAP.

Thanks for all your help