Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: setting permissions in a workgroup  (Read 2496 times)

spunky

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

setting permissions in a workgroup
    « on: November 10, 2008, 05:16:27 AM »
    hi, i run a domain based network but four pc's arnt in it (due to highly confidential data on their machines); in fact, its so confidential they're on a different network range altogether and only use our network for the internet via their router.

however, they now want to share folders in the workgroup; i know i could add every user in that workgroup on every pc but its all a little messy; however, i know the "manage my network passwords" will also allow me to do it but i cant make it work... can anyone shed some light on it... thanks

spunky

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: setting permissions in a workgroup
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:28:37 AM »

I found this link and maybe it will help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306541
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

spunky

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: setting permissions in a workgroup
      « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 02:27:30 PM »
      yes it did help thank.... i actually read that article this morning and couldnt make it work... however, i read it again tonight and now it makes perfect sense!!!

thanks for that

its strange because i get a little lost with workgroups but domains i'm fine with!!! a little back to front...