Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalling Novell Client  (Read 2813 times)

Emily

Uninstalling Novell Client
« on: October 10, 2004, 09:21:35 PM »
I recently acquired a Gateway laptop from my mom that she used to use at work.  It has Novell Client installed and whenever I start the computer, I am given a window asking for a password.  Neither my mom or I know the password.  In addition, since I am not in the network or whatever that she had at work, is that affecting this as well? What can I do? I just kinda want it off my computer, but I can't find anything online.  Everything I have seen involves being able to actually log on to the computer, which I can't do.  HELP!!

shield

Re: Uninstalling Novell Client
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 09:23:48 PM »
try to click cancel..... if niether of youknow the passwords, try booting in saemode, or even having to re-install the OS

nalee

Beginner
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
    log on to the computer using the admin. account.  If your loggin on to the computer using the admin account Novell really doesn't matter, just make sure workstation only is checked and your computer name is highlighted You have to delete EVERYTHING!!!!! that has to do with Novell in the C: drive.  This should help the problem.
    "If you don't stand behind the troops, feel free to stand in front of em"

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 09:32:28 AM »
    log on to the computer using the admin. account.

Doesn't that require a password, which was stated as unknown?

Emily:  Do you have a copy of an operating system which you can install on the computer?

Apologies:  This is a couple of weeks old, and it looks as if the original poster is no longer a member.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"