Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: oops  (Read 4028 times)

jaime chambers

oops
« on: March 31, 2005, 09:14:56 PM »
OK, let me start at the beginning. I downloaded adaware to try to get rid of spyware, it kept locking up, so I went to their website to follow their directions.  After I followed them and ran adaware in safe mode, when I restarted my computer, there was nothing but the desktop picture, no icons, no taskbar. Well, eventually, I realized it had to do with the profile, there were 2 profiles, one was mine, one was administrator. I deleted the profile that was mine, (b/c the icons were coming up in safe mode under admin) but it wouldn't auto. logon as admin. I deleted my old profile and created a new one. Everything worked fine until I tried to connect to the internet. I have bellsouth dsl. It connects, like say if I go to ajc.com the site comes up, but it won't let me log in to anything, my credit union site home page comes up but anything I try to login to comes up as page cannot be displayed. I have reconfigured my modem and conections, reset settings to default, restored to a previous date, and nothing is working. I have a feeling it has something to do with the corrupted files in teh other profie taht I deleted.  Any suggestions? Aside from reformatting the whole thing?
Any help would be appreciated, and you can also email me at [email protected]

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: oops
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 05:54:36 AM »
It is possible that a file got corrupted, but let me ask you this... Do you have virus protection? Also, which operating system are you using?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

jaime chambers

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 07:54:48 AM »
It's very possible about the corrupted file, taht is why I deleted the other profile and made a new one b/c something was wrong with that one, I just don't know what to look for? I disabled Norton and am using AVG virus and the firewall that came with windows right now..
Do you have any idea what file would be corrupted and how I could fix it that would make internet explorer act like this?
I don't know if I mentioned that I downloaded that foxfire, and netscape, to see if they woudl surf right, but it won't even let them connect..

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 09:44:11 AM »
You didn't mention anything about Spyware protection...

[glb]Flame[/glb]