Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Quick VISTA Question (Happy Turkey Day All)  (Read 30577 times)

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: Quick VISTA Question (Happy Turkey Day All)
    « Reply #90 on: January 03, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
    BRONI.....You there?

I sent all that stuff you told me to send to the 'Virus' people. Now they want other logs. I don't know how to send the logs to them. Can you help?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2009, 10:33:18 AM »
      MomNEEDShelp,As a suggestion:it should be apparent that many of the "Gurus" of the CH forums are in evidence on most of the forums.However in the case of the "Virus" forum there are those on there that have had to meet specific experience and knowledge levels before they are permitted to give advise.However other than that they can and will assist you on the aspects of the problems they are trying to assist you with.Including how to do the attaining and providing of information that they need to assist you. Therefore if there is something that "they" need and you don't know how to do it just ask them for guidance. You will be given it.This is preferable to jumping back and forth between different posts in different forums.It can become confusing for those trying to help you. Stay with it and you will be helped by them.goodluck,truenorth

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #92 on: January 03, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »
        Agrees with truenorth.

Also agrees that Broni has the patience of a saint. :)  To me, that's what separates the men from the boys in the computer industry.  If you can help someone without technical knowledge through tasks that require it without giving the user a heart attack, that's far more important than "OMG, I CAN HAXORZ DA PENTAGONZ WITH MAH LINUKZ"

Broni also knows his limits.  You don't want your heart surgeon giving you a root canal, do you?  How about your dentist filling in for your gynecologist?
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »
          I have to say, you guys do have a great sense of humor. I would like to see what my dentist can do as far as gynecology. LOL!!! I could add more but I don't want to get booted. ;D

Anyway... I asked the 'Virus' people HOW to send them the logs and the reply I got was to go READ a link that was provided. The link was to a post on steps on Downloading CCLEANER, CYBERDEFENDER, HIJACK THIS...etc. I already did all that and stopped at number 4 to make sure I was doing everything right up to that point. BRONI has been super helpful!!!  He told me how to post a certain log to them and I did. They now need more logs but I do not know how to retrieve them.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL AWESOME but I think you fail to realize that some of us really have NO CLUE about PC's except how to surf the net. I fit into that catagory. I am just a single mom with PC issues. I need easy and basic instructions/guidance. I am really sorry to be a pest. :'( 

Denise

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »
            MomNEEDShelp,To this point i doubt that anyone conciders you to be a pest.Most likely all of us at one time or another have been at your "basic' level.It is only through dogged effort and perseverance that we continue to rise in both knowledge and experience.Failure is but a step on the road to success (as long as you don't give up).So go back to the Virus forum and tell whoever is currently trying to assist you of your limitations (don't be shy) and ask them the "specific" question that will when answered allow you to move forward. It may occur that through this process not only will you resolve your current dilemma but it may encourage you to delve deeper into what makes a computer work and ultimately you may feel confident enough to want to reach out and help others.truenorth

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            • Certifications: List
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #95 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
            I didn't even use a computer until about 6-7 years ago
            I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
              TrueNorth, you are a doll. I won't quit on you guys if you don't quit on me.  ;)

BC....I think some of us have the tech 'touch' and some don't. (Oh, how I wish I did!!) I had my first new beefy Sony Windows PC in late 1995. How sad is that?!! I can only surf the net & email in all that time. (I recently learned how to do a system restore. I am proud of that and hope one day to help someone out with my new info  ;D)  THANKS GUYS!! You are aces!

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #97 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »
              Mom you've been as patient as Broni thru this as well...stick to it .
              " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »
                Awwe, Patio. You are too nice! Thanks!! :-*

Denise

Broni

Mastermind
                • Kraków my love :)
                  • Computer Help Forum
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #99 on: January 03, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
                Dear MomNEEDShelp :)
                I can see, that you did well with your first post in malware forum, and you attached Superantispyware log without a problem:

What does seem to be a problem with attaching more logs?

Broni

Mastermind
                • Kraków my love :)
                  • Computer Help Forum
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #100 on: January 03, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »
                BTW...as a newbie, you've been doing great :)

farmgal

Rookie

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2009, 11:28:51 PM »
                  Hi soybean,
                  if you do not have an anti virus programme of some sort running on your computer, you may as I did, live to regret it!!!!! I made the errror of letting mine run out as I live 180 kl to the nearest electronics shop and didn't know about the freeware anti virus programmes available. to cut a long story short, to use the Australian venacular, I lost the lot from my computer and it cost me nearly $400.00 Au to have it repaired, cleaned up, the programmes re-istalled and the modem, which the virus burnt out, replaced. Please do yourself a favour and install an anti virus programme.
                  regards and happy New Year to all.
                  farmgal.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                    • BC-Programming.com
                  • Certifications: List
                  « Reply #102 on: January 04, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »
                  Hi soybean,
                  if you do not have an anti virus programme of some sort running on your computer, you may as I did, live to regret it!!!!! I made the errror of letting mine run out as I live 180 kl to the nearest electronics shop and didn't know about the freeware anti virus programmes available. to cut a long story short, to use the Australian venacular, I lost the lot from my computer and it cost me nearly $400.00 Au to have it repaired, cleaned up, the programmes re-istalled and the modem, which the virus burnt out, replaced. Please do yourself a favour and install an anti virus programme.
                  regards and happy New Year to all.
                  farmgal.
                  why was that directed at Soybean?

Personally I underwent the exact opposite as you. I ended up needing to format/install again after using a Anti-virus.

Been AV free now for (looks at watch) almost 5 years. Only infrequent fix-ups required by me to remove malware.

Mom you've been as patient as Broni thru this as well...stick to it .

AH HA! so she is Patio's Mom! interesting. Very interesting.
                  I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

paul420

Beginner

« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2009, 04:04:34 AM »
                    Hi,i would just like to say that i
                    have a dell xps210 that has 1GB ram i got july 07
                    and have vista home premium installed on it
                    and i have had no problems with vista at all
                    and my pc is fast with the help of CCLEANER
                    and REVOUNISTALLER,f4rom advice here.
                    so try them programs out???

cheers........P................

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2009, 07:13:59 AM »
                      THANKS, Broni! Much applause for you.  ;D I am just the newbie follower.  :D

And nope, I'm not Patio's mom. I am Sabrina's mom. LOL!

I am still doing my Malware removal stuff. So far, so good.

Dee