Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: after coming up desktop icon screen and taskbar disappear  (Read 11368 times)

mindbend

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: after coming up desktop icon screen and taskbar disappear
    « Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
    Actually that was a non-issue which resolved itself.  Had to do with my modem connection at that moment.

It only had to do with my being able to get to HJT download online, to get you a log, which I have done and already posted .  Which was looked at and considered clean.

Thanks for the post though.

My problem is simply that my Desktop and Taskbar come up momentarily then both dissapear leaving the
    HP Fractal Blue background screen.  This occurs in my main Administrator User option.

My computer is also very slow with whatever this problem is.

Question please:  Does this sound like a virus problem (apparently not from your replys), so what then do you think it is?  And what are your suggestions?  Are there other logs I can run for you?

I'm sorta at a loss here since no one is coming up with any questions or suggestions for me.
    I will gladly provide you with whatever you ask for, to help figure this out.

I am posting from another computer, my problem computer is pretty useless and needs your help. please.

Thanks.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
    Did you actually remove Norton?

mindbend

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
      I posted a reply to your post, but guess it timed out and disappeared, so I'll try this again.

No have not uninstalled Norton yet, as I am not at the shop where problem computer is located.  I will be there Monday. At that time I'll select one of the options for Free AV you guys gave me and install it.

I am a sponge for this computer knowledge you folks have. I will listen and learn as much as I can, and I am willing to take the cover off and do whatever you guys tell met to do. 

It's perplexing because its been going on for 2 months, and I have gotten nowhere.
      It apparently is not viral, so what the heck can it be?  Any ideas?

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »
      If, after uninstalling Norton, the issue is still there...

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista), type in:
      sfc /scannow
      Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).
      Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
      If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it'll ask you for the CD/DVD.
      If sfc won't find any errors in Windows XP, it'll simply quit, without any message.

If the above doesn't help, run Windows repair: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

mindbend

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »
        Thanks Broni, I'll do that on Monday and let you know what happens.

While I was away from you just now, I posted a little story about trojan horses under the post :
        "What the H**l is a Trojan" (new post from guy in Denmark) .  You might enjoy checking it out. ;)

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »
        Keep us posted.