Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! Windows XP Boots, still runs, but no display  (Read 3172 times)

huskeratsouth

HELP! Windows XP Boots, still runs, but no display
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:11:19 PM »
Please help me. My windows XP emachine boots, but immediately after booting my monitor stops detecting signal and turns off. The OS however is still running. I can log in and control the desktop with my keyboard, but my monitor will not display anything. I tried my monitor on a working computer and it worked fine. When I boot into safe mode, the screen displays fine, except everything is enlarged quite a bit and some program windows will not fit on the screen. Please help me!

spiderlucci

Re: HELP! Windows XP Boots, still runs, but no display
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:23:39 PM »
when did this start to happen?
did you upgrade any display driver or installed a new display card?
what type of display card was it if so, PCI, AGP or pci express?

your spec of your PC would be nice.

RAM, displaycard, cpu.. ect,ect
spider :)

alan1000

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 06:14:40 AM »
    What do you mean by "I can log in and control the desktop with my keyboard, but my monitor will not display anything"?  If your monitor doesn't display anything, how do you know what is happening?  Do you mean that it goes blank after you log in?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »
    Have you booted in safe mode and chose'Last Known Good Configuration?

You can also restore your computer to an earlier date when it worked properly by using safemode where everything is enlarged.

In safemode go to start,programs accessories,system tools,then
    system restore where you choose an earlier date before your
    problem occured.
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.