Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer infected with Vundo virus help!  (Read 6125 times)

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Computer infected with Vundo virus help!
    « on: December 05, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
    Hello i have the vundo virus on my computer and i cannot do anything my antivirus is saying everything is malicious activity on any program i click on and that it is the vundo.gen virus . Please help... i can do scans in safemode and that is all. Regular mode is unusable. Vundofix finds nothing. Spybot finds something and trys to remove but is unsuccessful. Malware bytes finds a couple of things says successful but rescan and infections are back. i tried deleting the registries that i found from another site and ending the process in winlogin and deleting file in safe mode to no success. This was a couple of days ago that i tried all this.

Windows Xp Service pack 3
    4 Gigabytes of Ram
    8300 GS Nivida Graphic card
    Intel Duel Processor 3.00ghz
    Antivir Antivirus
    Comodo Firewall.
    Superantispyware, malware bytes, spybot
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:22:53 PM by zuratai »

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Computer infected with Vundo virus help!
      « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
      Here is Hijack log  and malware log... everytime i try to remove files with malware it says successful but then i do another scan and the same things pop up

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]
      « Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:20:08 PM by zuratai »

qwah!

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:44:33 PM »
        I had a problem with Vundo before...almost had to flush my XP...Vundo embeds itself in system restore. The first step is to turn that off. After that, do a virus scan. Delete the files that are found. After that, restart your computer and do another Hijack.

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »
          Ok i did another scan after disabling System restore. IT seems that my computer isnt acting up anymore but i want to be on safe side.

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »
            hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Any help please

kizza1645

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 02:33:54 AM »
            Don't think you have gotten rid of it yet, it likes to hide, and, once removed will just copy its self of the registry keys,
            so you will most probably need a registry cleaner,
            try Eusing, its free, and easy.

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm  <<< INFO

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dleusingregistry.html  <<< DOWNLOAD

even after running this, you best post three logs for the cool people to have a little look at.