Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pages won't load  (Read 3606 times)

mgarwood

Topic Starter

Starter

pages won't load
    « on: December 07, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »
    This is the log file from super antivirus and MBAM.  I downloaded firefox and it seems to be working pretty well.  It does try to load a non existent web page that explorer also was trying to load.

Super Antivirus
    SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
    http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/07/2008 at 01:31 PM

Application Version : 4.22.1014

Core Rules Database Version : 3665
    Trace Rules Database Version: 1645

Scan type       : Complete Scan
    Total Scan Time : 00:45:57

Memory items scanned      : 384
    Memory threats detected   : 0
    Registry items scanned    : 4227
    Registry threats detected : 0
    File items scanned        : 36054
    File threats detected     : 2

Trojan.Unknown Origin
       C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MICHAEL GARWOOD\APPLICATION DATA\8C66AD7546F4E70A
       C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MICHAEL GARWOOD\APPLICATION DATA\B3E3A84AD19E27F8

MBAM
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
    Database version: 1471
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/7/2008 4:44:31 PM
    mbam-log-2008-12-07 (16-44-31).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
    Objects scanned: 45151
    Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 1
    Registry Data Items Infected: 1
    Folders Infected: 3
    Files Infected: 7

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{a26503fe-b3b8-4910-a9dc-9cbd25c6b8d6} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\SearchMigratedDefaultURL (Hijack.Search) -> Bad: (http://windowsisearch.com/search?q={searchTerms}) Good: (http://www.google.com/) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
    C:\Program Files\IEToolbar (Adware.DosPopToolbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\IEToolbar\Ant.com Toolbar (Adware.DosPopToolbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\242112 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
    C:\Program Files\IEToolbar\Ant.com Toolbar\ant.dll (Adware.DosPopToolbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\IEToolbar\Ant.com Toolbar\uninstall.exe (Adware.DosPopToolbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Garwood\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AntivirusTrigger 2.1.lnk (Rogue.VirusTrigger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Garwood\My Documents\My Music\My Music.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Garwood\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pictures.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Garwood\My Documents\My Videos\My Video.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Garwood\My Documents\My Documents.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Zain

Beginner
      Re: pages won't load
      « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »
      Do your pages load now?

Or does it say something like

"Can not connect to this page"

If so, then I may know whats up.

mgarwood

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
        The pages load, but every few minutes a page called www.softwaretransfertdsadw.com tries to load and it comes up with a page not found error.  This started with explorer at the same time that I had the page not loading problem.  At that time it would bring up mypoints search engine and then the page not found would be displayed.  I disabled the mypoints search before downloading firefox.

Zain

Beginner
          « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »
          Your symptoms are related to the XP Antivirus infection.

I'm not 100% sure its that infection, but when I had it, the same problems were happening with my internet browsers.

Follow the directions in this link:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html