Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Digital camera installation disk not installing (because of size of disk).  (Read 3087 times)

luvsmatchbox20

I have a hp computer (from around year 2000). It has windows xp, and the front of the cd drive says - hp cd-writer / dvd. I checked this site on how to get info about the cd drive, and this is what my computer says -

Drive - E:
Description - CD-ROM drive
Media Loaded - no
Media Type - CD-ROM
Name - COMBI RW16x10/DVD
Maunfacturer - (Standard CR-ROM drives)
Status - ok
Transfer rate - not available
SCSI Target ID - 0
PNP Device ID - IDE/CDROMCOMBI_RW16x10/DVD_______H1.0_____\563532F4......
Driver - c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.2180(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158).48......

The problem is that the disk for my camera's installation software is SMALL.  Only half the size of a regular cd. But, my drive is for regular cd sizes. I put the little one in, and it gets knocked around and won't start.

What should I do?

Also, is it possible to buy a drive that will work WITH my computer to use the small cd. Or would it be cheaper to buy a new laptop that will able to work with this cd and other programs that I might need in the future for school (like photoshop, word, illustrator, powerpoint, and lots more).

Also, I'm a little familiar with computers, but no where near an expert so please put your responses in beginner terms for me, lol!

Thanks for reading.

joevh09

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Digital camera installation disk not installing (because of size of disk).
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
Take a look at the link to a picture below.
There is a bid circle on the cd tray for a regular sized cd.
Inside the big one there is a smaller one for the small sized cd if your cd drive has that smaller cicle put your cd in that and it should work.

http://www.vp-webdesigns.com/Vpe/TSU/Images/CDR/Drive-Tray-1.jpg
http://www.newcyberian.com/images/cdtray.jpg