Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MY laptop screen turned Yellow !!!! HEEELPPP !!!!  (Read 49486 times)

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

MY laptop screen turned Yellow !!!! HEEELPPP !!!!
    « on: December 22, 2008, 03:32:54 AM »
    Hi im relly basic with comp,i dont know much but my SCREEN TURNED YELLOW!!!! please help,dont know what to do !!!!!

Raptor

Re: MY laptop screen turned Yellow !!!! HEEELPPP !!!!
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:01:12 AM »
    Neither do we, really.

Maybe if you provided us with some very basic essential information we could get started...

I'll humour you because it's christmas time;
    What kind of laptop, how old, what OS, WHEN does it turn yellow? Have you kept the cooling system clean?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:33:40 AM by Raptor »

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:47:27 AM »
      oh god,its advent,turned yellow about 11 am today,what is the cooling system????  ???  :o to be honest my son has been watched some cartoons on you tube and close laptop accidentally(he is 19 months) thats when its happend ,i can still use it but everything is Yellow !!!!Please help me,cant find any information about this problem anywhere  im on Vista

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:49:08 AM »
      Did you try turning off the laptop by keeping the power button pressed?

If that doesn't work, disconnect the power cord and remove the battery.

Start it up again. Still a yellow screen? Then describe to me what you can and can't see. (IE: Is it entirely painted in bright yellow or just a yellow hue?)

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:18:19 AM »
        Hi just done what you wanted me to do and its still yellow! Every white part of the page (any page web included)  is now yellow,weird is, that my start stripe(sory about my description,dont know the proffesional name) MUST be on the left side on the screen ,not on the bottom like use too other ways screen is not visible becomes really funny: looks like there are 2 the same pages -one on another and its all shaky...If thats make sens.....sory about my writing-im trying hard in english

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 06:31:37 AM »
        Alright, so the screen turns yellow in Windows?

Is there any visible damage on the monitor? You said your son shut the screen. He didn't damage anything did he?

To rule out Windows being damaged, lets boot into safe mode.

Restart the laptop and keep tapping F8 before Windows loads. You should be presented with a screen that says 'safe mode'. Click enter and wait for Windows to load. No yellow screen? Report back. Yellow screen? Report back. You'll have to restart the laptop to get out of safe mode again.

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 11:33:31 AM »
          done everything like you said...still bloody yellow..... :'( :'( :'but fuuny enough only white stuff is yellow,the rest is in  colour-   like it should  be

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »
          You didn't really answer my questions.

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
            screen is not damaged,perfect condition LCD  i tryed do everything like you said but with no results.... 
            read something on www.ask.com about pins,and graphic cards....i quess im to stupid to do something about it,just worried about price if i need to repaire it......

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »
              http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1156992&tstart=0   

please have a look at this it sounds like my problem but i have no clue what the resolution is

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 12:58:19 PM »
              Have you tested it on an external monitor?

I assume you went into safe mode and that everything still looked yellow, yes?

beta366

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
                hi there ...just back from work,laptop was off for about 5 hours,just swiched it on and yellow is gone...........
                it works  normally........weird...something going on....is it possible that it may get to " tired" as i have it on for about 5 ,6 days sometimes ..........maybe i should give it a rest sometimes...?what do u think?

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 02:12:55 PM »
                It does sound like something might be breaking down. I'd keep some cash from getting into the hands of Santa Claus just in case...