Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CRT Monitor Install  (Read 12431 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: CRT Monitor Install
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »
that's a good question, and it really depends on the ratio of seniors in your neighborhood. The more there are, the more likely your living near a motor home park or similar establishment; following that line of thought we can assume you could have a old folk infestation in the rafters and walls. They'd chew away at the wood, but they haven't any teeth, so you'll just hear soft moans from your walls.

when your sleeping, the old folks will come out and use your computer for on-line shopping and disclose their credit card number for all to see. However, they rely heavily on cookies to remember passwords(heck they rely on relatives to remember their last name sometimes); thus the requirement for a repair install and deleting of the cookies. without access to online shopping, the seniors will become confused, and fixated on your tool shed. Care should be taken to sharpen your tools in the shed, as they often start fighting each other randomly. This helps you financially since you could sell tickets to your "Senior Scuffle" games, which only lasts until the police arrive and break up the party, at which point you can claim ignorance on the whole issue.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 03:50:51 PM »
    this is before I started doing this on a usual basis.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
    "Woom".....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »
    that's a good question, and it really depends on the ratio of seniors in your neighborhood. The more there are, the more likely your living near a motor home park or similar establishment; following that line of thought we can assume you could have a old folk infestation in the rafters and walls. They'd chew away at the wood, but they haven't any teeth, so you'll just hear soft moans from your walls.

when your sleeping, the old folks will come out and use your computer for on-line shopping and disclose their credit card number for all to see. However, they rely heavily on cookies to remember passwords(heck they rely on relatives to remember their last name sometimes); thus the requirement for a repair install and deleting of the cookies. without access to online shopping, the seniors will become confused, and fixated on your tool shed. Care should be taken to sharpen your tools in the shed, as they often start fighting each other randomly. This helps you financially since you could sell tickets to your "Senior Scuffle" games, which only lasts until the police arrive and break up the party, at which point you can claim ignorance on the whole issue.

quoted for humour. I bolded my favourite part.

Sometimes; I can't believe I thought of this stuff...

And now, for another gut buster...

this is before I started doing this on a usual basis.

Ahhh, you must mean before you started going out every night dropping a quarter in the middle of every crosswalk you pass. I understand your pain; I used to do it once in a while, but eventually the urge got so strong, I wasn't just dropping them on crosswalks, I was also dropping them when purposely jaywalking, or even in the middle of parking lots, or near children.

my advice? Get help. I did, and look at me now! Why, I'm only dropping nickels at crosswalks, at it feels great to know I've cut back to 20% of my usual coin dropping expenses. Now I can afford shoes- Unfortunately though, I'm worried that with shoes I might go out more often, cross more streets and be more tempted to resume my usual quarter dropping  behaviour. Which is why I think I'll leave my change purse at home...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
    Get cheap flip-flops...especially if you are in a cold climate....
    This drastically reduced my spur of the moment meanderings here.

Also switch currencies ....some foreign coins aren't even worth bending over to pick up which in the long run will reduce your bottom line. Yet the drop satisfaction and subsequent hover and watch the pickup feeling is still the same.
    Best of Luck.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
    Some of squall's posts are just open invitations for completely off-topic rants that can still be justified in the context of the thread due to his ambiguity...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »
    I think in that context you've performed admirally...

I just try my best to keep up.

;)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 04:05:29 PM »
      no you take advantage of it thats why your able to get away with it.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres