Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Putting computer to sleep  (Read 2631 times)

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Putting computer to sleep
    « on: December 26, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »
     I know many ppl dont like putting their pc's to sleep, but i kinda prefer it. I had this problem before with another PC and it eventually just went away. But, problem is that my mom's PC, (Dell Vostro 200, Vista 32bit), wont go to sleep when i hit the sleep feature in the startup menu. The monitor turns off, but that's it. I think the problem may be the wireless router that is hooked up to the PC. My PC would never sleep when I first hooked up my wireless router to it. But for some reason, it just started working like it should. I have it set to sleep after an hour or so, and it has never gone to sleep yet. (since i hooked up the router). I didnt know whether to post this here or hardware, but I think its a Windows issue so...

Thanks for the help.

t_blake07

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      Re: Putting computer to sleep
      « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »
      Nevermind. I just had to delve a little deeper into the advanced settings to get it to work. Had to "allow computer to sleep while sharing media". Dont remember doing that on my PC.