Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: [Windows Vista] Sony Vaio issue(s) question  (Read 4424 times)

Raith

Topic Starter

Beginner
    [Windows Vista] Sony Vaio issue(s) question
    « on: December 26, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »
    Okay, recently(few days ago), I have purchased a Sony Vaio CS Series VGN-CS110E/W. My first question is that, I use a linksys WRT54G router to get signal to my other laptops/computers, now, straight to the point:

Even though my other laptop, which is  a HP(runs on XP), gets signal without dropping wifi connection, my Vaio drops internet at very random times only to reconnect itself in 2-5seconds. I have checked if it was my router but it cannot be, the HP doesn't lose internet at all. I have turned off the power management so it doesn't shut down my wireless. I have resetted both IPV6 and IPV4 via command line prompt, anyone else have suggestions? I checked/updated my wifi driver and it said it was up-to-date.

I also checked if the device was working properly or not; and it was. I really want some experts opinion or suggestions. It is so irritating. Please please please help.

Here is my second and final problem/question. I use the touchpad to act as a 'mouse' instead of a mouse. It skips or "jumps" from time to time. It doesn't mean that I am not touching it and it suddenly jumps. For example, I am scrolling the touchpad from left to right of the screen and it either jumps from the bottom, to the top, or it scrolls all the way to the right. I have tweaked it a lot in the device settings from sensitivity to speed and it continues to do this.

I tried to find old drivers perhaps to downgrade but to no avail. It is a Synaptics PS 2 port touchpad, version 11.1.6.0. Anyone have ideas to either downgrade(good idea?) or fixing/tweaking this further? Much help appreciated.

Happy Holidays.

Raith

Topic Starter

Beginner
      Re: [Windows Vista] Sony Vaio issue(s) question
      « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »
      Ninja bump!