Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sharper Image WonderWall Projector  (Read 24930 times)

tutorcchs

Sharper Image WonderWall Projector
« on: December 27, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »
Can the WonderWall Projector be connected to a laptop for presentations?  Thanks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Sharper Image WonderWall Projector
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:07:38 AM »
Do you have any specific model in mind?

AngieRae

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:33:09 AM »
    I was wondering the same thing. The projector also goes by the Shift3 XL-90 name.
    I was hoping to use it with my Dell mini for informal powerpoint presentations.

Any thoughts on if it will work or what adapting cables I would need???

Thank you for your time.

Here are the "specs" ...  With its on-board inputs you can easily connect your media components to the Wonderwall™ projector via the included A/V cable. Enjoy full color video from TV, DVD players, VCRs, video game consoles, camcorders and more. It features three A/V inputs, built-in stereo sound with adjustable volume, contrast and color controls, audio out, manual focus lens, and utilizes a standard 50W/12V MR-16 halogen bulb for hours of supersized fun. Includes a pivoting bracket/carry handle for easy picture adjustment, AC adapter and cooling fan. Measures 14" L x 9" W x 11" H.

cjs

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
    Technically, you COULD do this IF you can output your video to a TV monitor. For example, my Dell 1525 has an S-Video out port, and I bought a cable that adapts S-VIDEO to the RCA plugs which then goes into my TV (or my WonderWall).

Whether your laptop's video card supports this is the real issue, and it's not always easy to find.

Next though, have you ever seen the projection put out by the WonderWall? I've found it OK for instances where resolution isn't a priority (e.g. watching Disney movies), but I'd be concerned about projecting text or any small details in a presentation.

If I could suggest one other option: you could create a CD or DVD of presentation (there are programs available that can, for example, create a DVD from a Powerpoint document). That way a simple DVD player could show the presentation, but this would not get around the resolution and low brightness of the Wonderwall.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:16:24 PM »
    The quality wont be high at all... small text will be hard to read.

This is moreso related to the dots per inch than resolution, however, its a combination of both.

It certainly would work, however, it wont be the greatest looking thing on earth.
    Should work fine for video.

AngieRae

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »
      Just in case any others are wondering on how to do this...I did get it to work but as I assumed from reviews of the projector; the quality was very low. I purchased a PC to TV converter at Radio Shack ($60) because I couldn't find a simple cable any where local in time for the presentation.

I would not use it for powerpoint again except for an emergency (as was my case in the beginning of all this) but it does work good for games, movies, slide shows, ect. We often race at tracks without power so it will be nice to charge up the laptop and watch a movie in the trailer.

LKim110

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
      You would need an adapter like one of these, http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-VGA2TV-Computer-Presentation-Converter/dp/B000X3FAJU

I would agree that the image quality would not be that great. 

Your better bet would be to get something like a micro projector that has VGA connection like the AAXA M2 http://www.amazon.com/AAXA-M2-Micro-Projector/dp/B004BM2OS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302800831&sr=1-1