Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Security Centre - AV2009 problem ?  (Read 3186 times)

westwinds31

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows Security Centre - AV2009 problem ?
    « on: December 31, 2008, 09:20:56 AM »
    Hi everyone !

Not sure if I have a problem here, but it is pretty annoying to be honest.

When I start up my laptop, Windows runs as usual (I am using XP) and then Windows Anti-Virus pop-ups come up and tell me that AV2009 is available and that I have no Firewall installed, which could be critical to my system.

I do have AVG Free installed and thought that this would cover anti-virus, spyware etc

Is there any problem here ? How do I get rid of the constant reminders that I have to install AV09 to protect my PC ?

Any suggestions gratefully received, on both AVGs safety and also the Windows AV09 pop-ups.

Thanks

Russ

westwinds31

Topic Starter

Rookie

Help Please !!!
      « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
      Hi...following on from my earlier post....Windows Security Centre is coming up saying that I need to load AV2009 to sort out viruses that are on my laptop. I am running XP and every 20 minutes the Windows go "big" ...the taskbar and internet explorer get really, really big and I have turned it off straight away.

Can anyone help please ? I am using AVG Free for my protection and the Windows Security Centre pop-ups have just started coming up, saying I need to update ?

Thanks...Russ

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru