Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Certification Question  (Read 18508 times)

pcdoc4christ

Certification Question
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:22:06 PM »
Hey!

I have obtained the CompTIA A+ and Net+ certs and am wondering what route to take toward an MCSA certification.

Microsoft doesn't require that i take take any other electives.  However, after seeing some of the exam questions at braindumpcentral.com for the MCP cert i'm interested in pursuing, i'm wondering if i need to go for Server+ and perhaps Security+ first.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, i've found the exam prep. download from TestKing.com was one of the best ways to prepare for the CompTIA certs, but i don't know about their Microsoft cert practice exams.  Anybody have an exam prep. method they'd recommend?

Any opinion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Doc
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 06:42:45 AM by pcdoc4christ »

Maragtas

Re: Certification Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 07:21:42 PM »
http://www.certificationinsider.com

their books are good.  expensive though. :o
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 07:28:54 PM by Maragtas »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 06:00:32 AM »
Thanks Maragtas!  I'll check it out.

:)

cigarman

Intermediate
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 02:31:53 PM »
    pcdoc4chris,

Microsoft approves MeasureUP for exam preparations.

Are you going for server 2003 MCSA or MCSE, either one your better choice will be take the server one first (70-290 exam2274) because it contains (no exam2275) prepares you solidly for network addressing.  MCSA requires 4 exams one of them is an elective, since you don't need the elective you could do the 3 cores.  Good luck to you :D

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 06:57:32 PM »
    Thanks Stogy-man!  Do they have a Web site i may check out?

Yeah, when i grow up (some day) i'll get MCSA certified.  Right now i'm just working toward an MCP.  

Since i have little experience with domain controllers, i thought i'd focus on the client-side by preparing for exam 70-270 (Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional).  I purchased the $60 book put out by Microsoft Press to prepare for exam.  The info. in the text is not hard to grasp, but doesn't cover half the questions i've seen on the 70-270 exam posted at braindumpcentral.com.  

Anyhow, i've just signed up for a $2,000 class (since my employer is covering the whole cost) to prepare for the exam.  I guess i'll decide after i take the class whether or not i need to go for Server+ and Security+ prior to going for the MCP.  

Thanks again,
    Doc
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 07:08:24 PM by pcdoc4christ »

cigarman

Intermediate
      « Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »
      http://www.measureup.com/default.aspx

You can download free practice tests, but only limited number of question, to get the full version, you'll have to purchase the full tests.

You will be Ok when you do the Client Win XP, the course comes with Microsoft manuals, lots of labs and MeasureUp if you have purchase these packages, your training centre will allow you to sit the exam once have have 3 x 90% and over passes and Microsoft will send you the MCP welcome pack.  a lot of hard work will be invloved, hang in there!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 04:17:32 PM »
      Thanks CigarMan

« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 08:26:35 AM by pcdoc4christ »

vick

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 05:33:41 AM »
      need help

vick

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 05:35:53 AM »
      do any body know a site that can help me with some net + question or can any body help me

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 06:41:15 AM »
      Vick:

Here is a good site for a free Network+ practice exam with answers (the users of the site vote on the answers and explain why they think their answers are best):

http://www.braindumpcentral.com/displayDump.aspx?idTestName=82

If you want to pay $60.00, i'd recommend the Network+ exam with answers download from here:

http://www.testking.com/Network-Plus-certification-training.htm

Keep in mind that to pass the exam it is not enough to know what answers are correct; you also have to know why they are correct.  If you are unsure as to any question on the practice exam, post your question here at this Web site and one of us will try to explain it to you.

Regards,
      Doc

« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 07:02:29 AM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 08:27:12 AM »
      Thanks for the suggestions, all!

Doomsday_J

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 12:37:40 PM »
      one more suggestion:

STAY AWAY FROM THE BRAIN DUMPS.

Seriously though, are you really going to be satisfied with studying for a test with the actuall questions and answers?
      What are you going to learn from that?

I worked really hard for my net+, not saying you didn't, but why cheat?

Check out www.techexams.net or www.mcmcse.com really good reputable resources.

Doomsday_J

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 12:38:50 PM »
      oh, one more thing about brain dumps, sometimes the answers aren't always correct.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 01:27:51 PM »
      Doomsday:

I hear what you are saying!  However, i'm not so sure i agree that using the legal services of braindumpscentral.com, testking.com, actualexams.com, correctexams.com, and the like are sites that forms of cheating.  Let me explain.  

The truth is, i've learned more by trying to understand the questions as much as seeing what others believe are the answers.  I consider these resources a starting point, not the source of all info. i need to pass the exams.  I'd also have to say that the questions and answers provided by these resources cover no more than 50% of the questions i've found on the exams.  Hence, they don't guarantee that one will pass, they only make it more likely.  

I'd compare these resources to the time when i took those SAT practice exams (back in the day before CD players and Microsoft Windows)!  If it were immoral (or even illegal) to prepare for an exam by taking previous versions of that exam, then why did my school system (and countless others) give the SAT practice tests to their students?  Was it wrong for teachers to explain why certain answers to the questions were correct and why other answers were incorrect (even when some of the questions would appear on the actual exam their students would take)?  Did any teachers go to prison or receive chastisment for having immoral conduct by preparing us for the exams?  

The answer, i think you will agree, is no.  I don't see how braindumpscentral.com and other resources are any different.  But then, i had philosophy as a second major in college.

;D

Regards,
      Doc  
      « Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 01:35:38 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Doomsday_J

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 08:52:42 AM »
      Thats your perogative man.  If you can get the cert using these tools then more power to you. Alot of people that I have talked to do not reccomend these tools becuse they are braindumps. IMO they really do not teach you anything. I  am in my last semester and have had teachers that give us practice tests that are the same questions that are on the test. I can go and memorize the answers, and ace the test. What did I learn? nothing.

Yeah, you want to understand why the answer is what answer it is. You do that by reading the material and mastering the concept, so you know what answers are wrong. Not buy using the actual test questions as a study guide.

Again, though if thats your perogative. Moer power to you.