Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express  (Read 7222 times)

bmorgie

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Outlook Express
    « Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »
    No, you're right on.  I get it now.  Guess  I didn't give myself enough time to experience it before I questioned.   Thank you again. 

bmorgie 8)

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 09:52:51 AM »
    Another action that's worth exploring is to see whether your ISP has some spam-blocking feature you can enable by logging on to your email account via web browser, assuming your ISP offers a webmail option for accessing your email.  If you've never accessed your email via web browser instead of always using an email client, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc., to see whether they offer this feature, then you may be overlooking a spam control option that's been available to you all along.

If your ISP does offer an online spam blocking feature, I recommend you use it. Then, your email client never even needs to deal with that spam; it's been blocked before being passed onto your email client.

I use Outlook Express and I don't have a spam problem; I have a good ISP.

bmorgie

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »
      Hi.  I use webmail quite often.  I went into my webmail and changed the spam/junk mail settings.  Time will tell. 
      You made a good suggestion.   Thank you very much.
      b morgie