Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WoW Uninstall Error  (Read 8778 times)

Ironman

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
    • Yes
    • My Personal Site
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
WoW Uninstall Error
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
Well I followed this websites instructions to play WoW on their servers for free; http://megames.org/world_of_warcraft/wow_guides/how_to_connect.html and it didn't work probably because they told me to download the trial instead of the full game, anyway the real problem is that I tried uninstalling the WoW trial and it gives me the error "Uninstall.xml could not be read". Any ideas on how to remove this trial?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:47:19 PM by Ironman »

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Experience: Guru
Re: WoW Uninstall Error
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:16:53 AM »
Blizzard indicates on their site if this error is encountered to delete the WoW folder through My Computer to remove this from your computer.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:29:30 AM »
Would that be middle earth WoW?

Same server I'm on  ;D

Full or Trial, doesn't matter, you just need patch 2.4.3 of WoW
Edit: You want patch 2.4.3 of TBC WoW :D

If you want help regarding how to get it running just PM me

Ironman

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
    • Yes
    • My Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
Yeah, I deleted WoW folder from the My Programs and then I deleted all the shortcuts and the I went to the registry and deleted the Blizzard Entry, but the trial was still listed in add and remove programs, so then I thought why don't i do a system restore to before I installed this, so I did that then the shortcuts were still there so I did the same step again followed by a disk clean up and its seems to be uninstalled. Thanks Admin!

To Kurtiskain, Yeah really want to play WoW(and for free!), but I don't really have the time to right now I just followed Middle Earth's instructions to see if they would really work. I plan on getting the full game(though other means ;D) later and then I'm PM you for support on how to connect, thanks though!

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
the trial and the full game are the same thing btw :) the trial just lets you set up a free 12 day WoW blizzard account :)

(I hope this isn't rule breaking territory here, I'm not telling him how, just what)
make sure you don't get a WotLK Torrent at it won't work on M-E

It must be 2.4.3 TBC to login to the server.

I know that I got mine through a friend who I believe got it through a torrent, which by the way, isn't illegal I don't think as Blizzard makes all their clients/updates freely available, it's the subscription they make their money off, not the game.

I just checked and their is a torrent for 2.4.3 on another server (ITRWoW) but you can modify the realmlist to point to any server you like :)