Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ReImage.com - be aware  (Read 168031 times)

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ReImage.com - be aware
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2013, 03:46:23 AM »
Time to get your bank/credit card company involved and do a chargeback.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
Somebody once said: "That is no bad publicity"
Succès de scandale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succ%C3%A8s_de_scandale

NathanielA

• Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #122 on: January 09, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »
    I appreciate the posts on ReImage / Efix as I just read an online email pub called "windows secrets" and it had an adv for eFix. I always like to investigate a "new" program that claims to fix all matter of malware/virii/rodents, ants etc that may have crept into an unsuspecting computer owner's software/hardware. Something that drew my attention was that I couldn't find any recent posts on their own blog re happy customer experiences with eFix. When I came here I got a much better picture. While, "perhaps" their product may do well for some people, the Babylon issue was troubling for me to read. Also, I thought their "Full Money Back" guarantee deserved more scrutiny. I saw that during the first 60 days they claim they will refund but you have to, as I understand it, remove the program and reverse any "repairs" or changes that the program has effected. It just seems to me that if you were unhappy with what the program "did" for you, how much more unhappy might you be with it "hopefully" digging around your computer's innards and putting it back in exactly the same condition as before the "repairs"? Just a thought. WRT after the first 60 days, they have on their site, " Reimage will address the issue on a case by case basis, and may provide a refund after the 60 day refund period." Well, I guess that's better than nothing after the 60-day period with it's conditions, but it doesn't look tremendously hopeful to me, IMO.

Anyway, don't mean to be negative in my first post/reply, but I just thought I'd like to share my initial doubts about the claims of such a fix-all program. And, also, I wonder if online newsletters investigate/install/use/etc. these programs on their own computers, as part of hoped for due diligence, before they accept ad money and post the ads on their sites.

Just wondering in Oceanside, CA
    First Post on Computer Hope and hope it won't be my last. :)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #123 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »
    Solid 1st Post...and Welcome Aboard !
    It's the main reason we refuse to recommend such apps here...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #124 on: January 09, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
    The post has drawn so much attention that maybe there bought to be a special place for products that users find very disappointing, even if  not dishonest.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #125 on: January 09, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »
    This is...

Centurion2507

Rookie

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #126 on: August 02, 2015, 03:15:13 PM »
    I did the same thing, downloaded it,tried it, and CANNOT GET RID OF IT. I tried for two hours to "uninstall", no luck. When I called the 877 #, no answer, it stayed busy. That's part of the reason I am on Computer Hope. See my question. under Centurion2507. Thanks for telling me your experience with them.

Kwales

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #127 on: August 15, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
      Wow Long thread - I only come here today as I just installed the great and almighty reImage ( Not ) wish I'd read the reviews before I did so. Only me to blame there then.

Still trying to remove it !

Lesson learned for me :(

P.S. Its CR@P ! and just adds loads of Malware ( well in my opinion )

Zincubus

Greenhorn

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2016, 04:27:31 PM »
        Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately, I can't change my mind about your product, based on my experience.
        I'm afraid, you didn't read my carefully enough.
        Thankfully, I'm not a computer newbie, so I know for the fact, that my computer is NOT "RIDDLED with malicious software", there are NOT "occasional crashes, and unexpected restarts, not to mention, being called "disfunctional".
        IF I was a newbie, there is a good chance, I'd have fallen for such a scary sentence, and I could have come up with $65.
        For what? For nothing.
        In my books, it's a scam.

I have  to agree / it's grown line a cancer on our PC .

I'm helpless .  It won't even let our antivirus load up .
        Currently have no av protection at all . 
        Everytime I try and install a AV package like Avast or AVG or Windows Essentials it opens up a ReImage window with loads of adverts !

Help. !

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #129 on: March 19, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »
        The Topic is over 8 years old...you both need to visit the Malware section of the Forums...follow the guides ...and post your logs...

Someone will be along shortly.

Zincubus

Greenhorn

Re: Reimage.com - PC Repair. In Minutes.
          « Reply #130 on: March 19, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »
          Apparently, new technology, straight from Israel. Not free, of course. The scan is free, and then, they want to charge you $65 for 1 computer repair.

Amazingly, when you Google for reviews: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=reimage&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=, it's getting very positive reviews, ranging from www.pcmag.com to www.technibble.com (I posted a comment at the last site).

Well, I gave it a spin on my XP installation....
          I must say, it's pretty pristine installation with ZERO problems.

Reimage started with installing ActiveX applet, which was expected. But during its run, it kept installing other modules, some of which wanted to become startup processes. This, I really didn't like, and I blocked those attempts with my firewall.
          The whole scan took about 10 minutes.
          During the scan, which includes security scan, it defined one of my Online Armor firewall file (oaevent.dll) as a trojan!
          Here are the final results:

...which are simply ridiculous.
          1. The computer is perfectly clean, not "RIDDLED with malicious software..."
          2. The computer never experienced a single crash.
          3. Since it's almost pristine installation, there are no slowdowns, and it's in almost exact state as "when PC was first purchased".
          4. Calling my computer "dysfunctional" is....I don't want to use any bad word here.

Said that, I have only one word for "Reimage" - SCAM!

Dear Broni,

Reimage is a brand new technology and we are still working on perfecting it. No scam software will have its contact details, phone number and venture capital backing it visible. We would appreciate it if you have reported this bug to us rather than opting to criticize the product and our Company using such a loaded word as "scam". We would like to invite you, and other users, to try out a free repair and if you think something is missing we would appreciate the feedback (contact me to apply, email attached below). We have a money back guarantee which we enforce diligently.

We also use a public feedback mechanism where all users can post their experiences and suggestions: http://reimage.uservoice.com/.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Black
          Marketing Director
          www.reimage.com
          nico at reimage dot com
          Office: +972 (3) 575-9-757 x104
          Mobile: +972 (54) 250-9-777
          Fax: +972 (3) 521-2-361

You are a disgrace , coming on here trying to appear to be respectable when you must know that your cancerous program is actually ruining PCs worldwide and even affecting lives , we are not able to use our PC to Skype our son in Florida as your program ReImage has hijacked our computer making it u usable .

Disgrace !!!!!!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #131 on: March 19, 2016, 11:00:34 PM »
          For what it is worth...
          Reimage.com still has a presence and it still gets negative reports.

This topic should be closeted. However, it is still a current topic elsewhere...
          http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-the-reimage-virus-and-uninstall-reimage-pc-repair/
          It is, at the least, Ad Ware.    >:(

Zincubus

Greenhorn

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2016, 05:12:00 AM »
            Followed the links and ReImage freezes the PC each time

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #133 on: March 22, 2016, 05:21:45 AM »
            The Topic is over 8 years old...you both need to visit the Malware section of the Forums...follow the guides ...and post your logs...

Someone will be along shortly.