Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EMAIL 4RM MICROSOFT  (Read 3612 times)

Zain_Ul_Abideen

EMAIL 4RM MICROSOFT
« on: April 14, 2005, 09:12:35 AM »
 I have just received two e.mails from what is purportedly microsoft inc. With this message:-
Dear Sir/Madam,
We kindly ask you to install this update to your PC as soon as possible.
In the libraries of OS Windows® critical errors have been found. This errors lead to destruction of the system files from your computer without an opportunity on restoration. The given service-pack fixes libraries and does not allow various Trojan modules to penetrate into your computer.

Yours Faithfully,
Microsoft INC

I have ignored them. Is this the right thing to do?

gussery

Re: EMAIL 4RM MICROSOFT
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 09:29:32 AM »
I answered this in your other post, but for the sake of clarity and making sure everyone knows.  Microsoft does not send emails like this.

Delete them.  It is always safer to delete any email your are unsure about.

Zain_Ul_Abideen

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 09:30:13 AM »
GOD BLESS YOU :D

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 12:53:05 PM »
Actually, keep them... Do not open them though... It sounds carzy, but if you can forward the message(s) to Micrsoft, then they will be able to track these people down, and have them charged for it... Send it to the FBI even... These people need to be stopped... Simply deleting the messages helps for one day, but the next day you might get more... You should act against it...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Zain_Ul_Abideen

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 02:43:21 AM »
Thanks... 8)