Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need some help with finding a problem  (Read 2890 times)

Nolan

i need some help with finding a problem
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:37:22 PM »
i purchased and built my own computer recently and everything runs fine.  when i play certain games such as counter-strike:source or combat arms, the game freezes for a second and continues on.  I have a 9800gx2, e8500, ddr2 1066, 850W psu, and a GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-DS3R motherboard. it is brand new, secure, and shouldnt be lagging.  my ping spikes during lag if that has anything to do with it.  i tried setting priority higher and it didnt do anything.  i tried updating my bios to see if it was the motherboard not propperly recognizing the cpu and that didnt fix it.  i tried redownloading to see if the game files were corrupt.  i tried shifting all processes to 1 processor and the game to the other and it still didnt work.  i have the vista driver for my wireless and i dont think that is the problem.  I am getting 300+fps in these games and still getting random freezes.  i monitored my cpu, disk, and network usage with resource monitor during a freeze and nothing different was happening.  any help would be greatly appreciated