Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how do i send a document from works word so that others can read?  (Read 4236 times)

cid49

Topic Starter

when i send a document that i wrote on my microsoft works word processer it can not be opened something about a .wps  thank you

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: how do i send a document from works word so that others can read?
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:09:30 AM »
    You mean the recipient can't open it, right?  The obvious question here is, what software does the recipient have that can open .wps files? 

If they can't open .wps files, then you need to save your document in a different format. Try .rtf (Rich text format). 

cid49

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:20 AM »
      cid 49 says thank you for your help soybean

jelden

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »
      I had the same problem for years.  Works has been on every computer I've owned, but it seems it's not on anybody else's.  I finally went to a free software called Open Office, it's free at openoffice.org.  You can move your document to open office using "copy and paste."  From Open Office you can export your file as a PDF which anyone with access to the internet can read with acrobat reader (also free), and they won't be able to change your file.    Jelden

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
      Yes, getting OpenOffice and saving files as PDF is a viable alternative.  Another option for creating PDF documents, including from Works, is to install PDF converter software such as PrimoPDF (freeware).  Once installed, it's added to your Windows system as a "printer"; in other words, if you go to Control Panel, and open Printers and Faxes, PrimoPDF would appear as a printer.  It can be selected as the printer when printing from Works or any application.  Then, the PDF file could be emailed to someone.