Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to analyze dead on-board sound?  (Read 3472 times)

davek

Topic Starter

How to analyze dead on-board sound?
    « on: January 16, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »
    Just built a new Media Center computer.  No matter what I try I get absolutely no sound from the rear ports or headphone jack on the Motherboard.

I do have HDMI and it is working but I am not sure where to go.

Elitegroup ECS Motherboard G45T-M2
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
    8 MB Crucial DDR2 800mz ram
    Intel Duo-Core 3.00gz 1333fsb 6mb cache
    Intel Integrated Graphics and Intel HDMI audio
    Realtek HD integrated audio (has never worked)

The sound software from the Motherboard installs fine and Windows shows the sound software installed and all drivers working.  The Realtek sofware even shows the little sound waves coming from the speaker arrangment. 

The thing is there seems to be absolutely no electric power 'hum' from the the ports in the back when plugging and unpluging - even though the Realtek HD software manager shows the plug that has just been inserted/taken out. 

The HDMI sound is great running through the HDTV I am using for a monitor, but the  Realtek is supposed to be 8.1 channel, etc. 

I sent a help request to Elitegroup but who knows when they will reply. 

Tried reinsalling drivers very carefully, etc.   Checking Realtek site, Elitegroup Site and Vista sound help site.  Not much help.

This is a newer board but I haven't seen any other complaints about this board or this chip so I figure I must be missing something.

Any suggestions would be great, other than this problem - the setup is terrific. 

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How to analyze dead on-board sound?
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »
    Did you install Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio First before you installed the drivers?

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/OTHER-SOUNDCARDS/Microsoft-UAA-Bus-Driver-for-High-Definition-Audio.shtml

Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

davek

Topic Starter

Re: How to analyze dead on-board sound?
      « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:28:34 AM »
      Thanks for the reply.  The UAA device is definitely not listed in Device Manager.  I have uninstalled the Realtek drivers and am downloading the exe now.

A couple things that are curious:  Why would this driver not be included in the Vista Home Premium OS CD?  And why would Elitegroup not provide this essential driver on the MB CD?

??? 

I will load this puppy and see if it barks!