Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: When I close IE and try to reopen it i get a error  (Read 3604 times)

thehumbum

When I close IE and try to reopen it i get a error
« on: April 17, 2005, 06:16:28 PM »
whenever i open and close Ie and try to reopen i get the "cannot find server" message for every site.  Also if i stay on IE for more than an hour or so I get the message  and i cannot connect to AIM or any other program that uses the internet. PLEASE HELP. This is very annoying and gets in the way of my work.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: When I close IE and try to reopen it i get a e
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 06:48:17 PM »
Do you have virus protection? Spyware protection? Which connection are you using? (Dial-up, DSL, Cable, etc.) Also, which operating system are you using?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

thehumbum

Re: When I close IE and try to reopen it i get a e
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 08:47:46 AM »
Sorry how silly of me.  I am using windows XP home edition. I have Norton Antivirus 2003. No Spyware protection.  And I have a Cable modem with Charter as My ISP.  And I forgot to say in my original post that when i restart my computer the internet will work for another hour and a half, but will eventually just stop, and if i close and reopen it, it doesn't work.